Apply for a Payment Plan below
Terms & Conditions
Payment Plan Options
Soul Event offers two options for payment plans:
- 6 payments – paid fortnightly
- 12 payments – paid weekly
Payment will be made via a Subscription button provided for payment through PayPal. This means payment can be made using credit card, debit card or cash.
If you require payment via Direct Bank Transfer, please contact Soul Events direct.
An administration fee of $20 will be added to all payment plans, across each subscription. This fee will be added to the total cost before being divided across each payment time-frame.
Payment frequency is selected from the options provided by the delegate within the application form.
The payment frequency may be subject to the application date of your payment plan and the timeframe between the application and the Soul Stories Conference.
Fortnightly payment will be due on the Monday of the 2nd week of payment, and then fortnightly from that date. This is to allow for funds to clear and payment to be made within the fortnight.
Weekly payments will be due by the Friday of each week, then weekly from that date.
Upon payment of the final amount, an email will eb issued to show full payment and successful registration for each delegate listed on the application, to the event.
If you miss a payment or have an outstanding payment for any reason under the Payment Plan, all outstanding monies owing must be paid at least 30 days before the date of the Soul Stories Conference
All payments are due to us will be collected by us in accordance within these terms and conditions.
All payments are in Australian dollars. Where currency conversion fees apply, this is your complete responsibility.
Failure to make payment
You should contact us if you have missed or know if you are going to miss a payment.
If you do not make or miss a payment under your payment plan and your plan remains in arrears (for any amount) for 2 or more installments:
- your registration to the event may be canceled; and
- you may forfeit all repayments made under the Payment Plan; and
- you may not be entitled to a refund, subject to any statutory rights.
- If you are in arrears on the day, which is 30 days before the date of the event; then your registration to the event may be canceled
The above-mentioned penalties are applied at the discretion of Soul Events.
Canceling your payment plan
You can cancel your Payment Plan at any time. You will need to provide us with notice of at least 3 business days, in writing. We may need to verify your identity before canceling the Payment Plan. Your cancellation will be in line with the event’s full Terms and Conditions.
When you commence a Payment Plan with Soul Events, you agree to the following:
- Soul Events will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the billing is correct, however, we will not be held liable for any loss, inconvenience or harm caused to you as a direct or indirect result of any act or omission by Soul Events or third parties.
- If any of your details change or are become invalid, you must notify us as soon as possible. To avoid the cancellation of the Payment Plan and your registration, you will need to supply new details as soon as possible.
- You will be liable for the total price of the ticket(s) as at the time of application. Any discounts, promotions or other changes to the tariffs advertised by Soul Events will not apply to the cost of your ticket(s) retrospectively.
- You can make additional payments in installments during the Payment Plan Period.
- Soul Event may cancel your Payment Plan arrangement should any two or more of your debit payments be missed. Soul Events are not liable for any fees associated with returned or dishonoured payments. You should ensure that missed payments are rectified as soon as possible to avoid possible cancellation of your registration.
- Where the payment falls due on any day which is not a business day, the payment may be made on the next business or calendar day.
- Any queries concerning disputed payments must be directed to us in the first instance by contacting Soul Events. Where we cannot resolve a query or dispute between us, your query or dispute may be referred to our bank (or other third party supplier) who may ask you to provide information in connection with your query or dispute.
- Except to the extent that disclosure is necessary in order to clarify payments, investigate and resolve disputed transactions or is otherwise required by law, we will keep details of your payments and details confidential.
- To register for the Soul Stories Conference, delegates must register online at soulevents.com.au/soul-stories-ticket-registration. Upon successful submission of your registration, a confirmation of registration email will be sent, and a tax invoice generated online for payment. You must pay all registration fees, at the time of registration, for your tickets to be confirmed.
- Registrations, without payment, must make payment within 14 days of registration or their registration will be voided.
- If full payment of registration fees is not made, you will be refused entry to the Soul Stories Conference.
- Credit card payments are made directly through PayPal using an online gateway to ensure your personal details are kept safe. None of your payment details are stored by Soul Events.
- Any request of transfer of your registration to another delegate, this request must be made in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48hours prior to the event.
- Your attendance at the Soul Stories Conference is, at all times, at the sole discretion of Soul Events. Soul Events reserves the right to refuse entry to you to the Soul Stories Conference, or to request that you leave the Soul Stories Conference, without notice for any reason whatsoever. If this occurs, then a refund of the registration fee will be facilitated in some circumstances (at Soul Event’s sole discretion).
- You must at all times comply with:
- these terms and conditions;
- any terms and conditions imposed by the Sea World Resort & Conference Centre (Venue); and
- any reasonable direction given to you by Soul Events, the Venue host, or any of their employees, agents or contractors,
- and Soul Events reserves the right to immediately terminate the registration of any delegate that it reasonably believes is not complying, or has not complied, with the above terms.
- Participants must be 18+.
- By attending the 2020 Soul Stories Conference you consent to be included in any photography, film and/or sound recordings at the event. These recordings and photography may be used by us for any and all future promotional or marketing material.
- All details contained on the conference website are subject to change without notice.
- All cancellations and requests for refunds must be made by email to email@example.com
- No refunds will be issued by Soul Events until after the Soul Stories Conference has concluded.
- Cancellations of individual registrations made:
- <90 days prior to the commencement of the event – full refund of their registration fees less a $100.00 administration fee
- <60 days prior to the commencement of the event – 50% refund of their registration fees less a $100.00 administration fee
- <30 days prior to the commencement of the event – no refund will be issued.
- Where there are extenuating circumstances, a refund outside of these terms may be considered by and at the discretion of Soul Events.
Cancellation of accommodation:
- All accommodation is booked directly through Sea World Resort. Please refer to their terms and conditions for cancellation of accommodation.
- Soul Events takes no responsibility for accommodation bookings and/or cancellations.
Cancellation of the Conference
- In the event that the conference cannot be held or is postponed due to events beyond the control of the Soul Events (force majeure) or due to events which are not attributable to wrongful intent or gross negligence of Soul Events, then Soul Events cannot be held liable by delegates for any damages, costs, or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, accommodation costs, costs for additional orders, financial losses, etc.
- Under these circumstances, Soul Events reserve the right to either retain the entire registration fee and to credit it for a future conference, or to reimburse the delegate after deducting costs already incurred for the organisation of the conference and which could not be recovered from third parties.
Audio and video recording
- Audio and video recording are strictly not permitted during the Soul Stories Conference. If you fail to comply with this term, Soul Events or its representatives or agents may require you to leave the session or the Sul Stories Conference.
- Details of speakers and topics are correct at the time of going to press. However, circumstances beyond the control of Soul Events may necessitate substitutions of speakers and topics for which Soul Events cannot be held responsible. Any changes to the program will be noted on our website soulevents.com.au and delegates should check regularly for updates
- Soul Events reserves the right to make changes to the program, including presenters and sessions where necessary.
- In the unlikely event that a presenter withdraws or cannot travel, Soul Events reserve the right to make the appropriate decision in the best interest of the conference – this may include a change of presenter, changes to the program or cancellation of the conference.
- Delegates are not permitted to bring food or beverage products purchased at commercial outlets outside of the venue into the conference.
- Dietary requirements must be listed at the time of registration. Soul Events is unable to provide dietary requirements for anything not listed at the time of registration.
- Soul Events will always attempt to meet dietary requirements for all delegates but does not guarantee that these will be available or provided. In the event of a severe allergic reaction we ask that you contact the resort directly to address your concerns prior to the conference. In this instance, external food may be accepted (at Soul Event and Sea World Resort’s discretion).
- Smart casual dress is required at all time during the Sol Stories Conference.
- Formal dress may be worn for the Soul Stories Share Dinner at Shark Bay on Saturday evening. This is standing event, with some seating provided.
- Please note that delegates will be walking through the Sea World Amusement Park into Shark Bay. Please ensure sensible shoes are always worn for safety and comfort.
- Attendees to the Saturday evening Soul Stories Share Dinner is for all delegates with a full Conference ticket.
- Delegates may purchase an additional ticket for other guests as required. All guests are required to comply with these outlined terms and conditions.
- As alcohol is on offer, all social functions are classed as a licensed event. All attendees must comply with the Venue’s responsible service of alcohol requirements. The Venue’s alcoholic beverage license requires that venue staff shall: (i) request proper identification (photo ID) of any person of questionable age and refuse alcoholic beverage service if the person is either underage or proper identification cannot be produced, and (ii) refuse alcoholic beverage service to any person who, in the Venue’s judgment, appears intoxicated.
- Soul Events does not permit the recording of presentations and workshops at the Conference under any circumstances or in any form of media, including but not limited to audio recordings, video recordings, or literal transcripts unless you acquire a written consent.
- Soul Events permits and encourages the use of social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Snapchat and blogging at the conference as a way to summarise, highlight, review, critique, and/or promote the presented materials, or the conference in general, on the condition that:
- copyright law is observed
- verbatim information is limited to a few quotes
- and the author or speaker is referenced and cited appropriately.
Please bear in mind that presenters have invested many hours in the development of materials for the Conference and copyright laws apply.
- Out of respect for the other participants, we ask that loud electronic devices be silenced, though they do not need to be switched off, so that they may be used to tweet, post on Facebook, or take notes in accordance with the above-stated policy.
- We encourage delegates to:
- Follow us on Instagram – @SoulEventsAU
- Like us on Facebook- @Soul Events AU
- Blog, post, tweet, Instagram, Snapchat about what you are hearing and seeing
- Share photographs, using the #soulstories2020
- Provide feedback to Soul Events staff
- Keep criticism constructive
- You agree that Soul Events is not liable to you for any loss, damage, injury or any incidental, indirect, special, consequential or economic loss or damage (including loss of opportunity, exemplary or punitive damages) whether to person or property and whether arising from default, negligence, misconduct or otherwise by Soul Events, its employees, agents or contractors in connection with the Soul Stories Conference.
- You agree to indemnify Soul Events against liability for, or in respect of, any claims, demands, actions, costs, expenses, losses and damages arising out of or in connection with, or as a consequence of, any of your acts or omissions in connection with the Soul Stories Conference that breach these terms and conditions.
Privacy and Intellectual Property
- You acknowledge and agree that, in respect of your attendance at the Soul Stories Conference:
- you may be photographed, filmed or recorded;
- Soul Events can use and disclose your name and image in any material, including promotional material (Material) in connection with the Soul Stories Conference or future conferences, without any compensation to you;
- Soul Events can use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose in connection with the Soul Stories Conference;
- all right, title and interest (including intellectual property rights) in the Material presented at the Sul Stories conference will automatically vest in Soul Events and/or the original author on its creation;
- you unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of your moral rights in the Materials and agree to not institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of any such rights;